ICSID offers fully-equipped, state-of-the-art hearing rooms and preparation/breakout rooms at the World Bank headquarters in Washington, D.C. and at the World Bank Conference Centre in Paris. It can also arrange hearings and videolinks at other World Bank offices around the world.
The World Bank room rentals are included in ICSID's administrative fee in cases administered by ICSID under the ICSID, UNCITRAL or other rules. World Bank rooms may also be available upon request in non-ICSID cases. If the parties wish to hold hearings at other locations, ICSID has arrangements with institutions around the world to offer access to facilities at cost-effective rates.
ICSID’s hearing facilities offer first class on-site services and equipment including:
- Video-conferencing, projection, interpretation, webcasting, sound and video recording equipment
- Large plasma-screen monitors and individual monitors for the Tribunal and the parties
- Multi-language Live Stream for public hearings
- Dedicated professionals to manage all technical aspects of each hearing
- Sound-proof interpretation booths with multi-language capacity (up to 7 languages at a time)
- Photocopying, fax and WiFi services
- Security for all premises, including guard patrol
- Movable shelving and other furniture
- On-site catering, coffee shops and private dining rooms
In addition, ICSID has a wide network of service providers such as court reporters, interpreters and translators experienced with investment hearings. The Secretariat often handles complex hearings involving multiple languages and logistical challenges. It ensures that the arrangements are tailored to the needs of each particular hearing, after consultation with the parties and the Tribunal.