How to File a Request
ICSID offers services for the resolution of international investment disputes between investors and States. It administers proceedings pursuant to the ICSID rules and under other procedural rules, such as the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, ad hoc investor-State and State-State cases. It is also available for mediation of international investment disputes and other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
Submission of a Request
A request and all supporting documentation should be submitted as follows:
- Upload onto ICSID's document sharing platform ("Box"); and
- Transmittal to the ICSID Secretariat's email
The request shall designate each party to the dispute and provide their contact information (including at least one verified email address for each individual party, street address and telephone number).
A non-refundable fee, US$25,000 under the current Schedule of Fees, must be paid before or upon lodging a Request for Arbitration. Wire transfer instructions may be obtained by contacting ICSIDsecretariat@worldbank.org.
- Upload onto Box
In advance of the transmittal of a Request by email please contact the ICSID Secretariat ICSIDsecretariat@worldbank.org to request the creation of a folder on Box and access instructions.
- Transmittal by email
The Request and all supporting documentation (including a copy of the lodging fee wire transfer order) should be sent to ICSIDsecretariat@worldbank.org.
Please note that ICSID's server does not accept emails larger than 25 MB. For submissions exceeding this size, please indicate in your email (attaching the Request/Application) that the supporting documentation will be filed via Box only. Alternatively, any supporting documentation exceeding 25 MB may be split into several individual emails (not exceeding 25MB each).
For further information see:
- How to file a Request for Arbitration - ICSID Convention Arbitration
- How to file a Request for Arbitration – UNCITRAL other ad hoc / non ICSID proceedings
- How to file an Application for Access and Request - Additional Facility Arbitration
- How to file a Request for Conciliation – ICSID Convention Conciliation
- How to file an Application for Access and a Request - Additional Facility Conciliation
- How to file a Request for Fact-Finding
- How to file a Request for Mediation
For the filing of post-award remedies under the ICSID Convention and ICSID Additional Facility, see:
- Post-Award Remedies - ICSID Convention Arbitration
- Post-Award Remedies - ICSID Additional Facility Arbitration
For further assistance, please call an ICSID staff member or ICSID’s general number +1 202-458-1534.