Schedule of Fees (2022)
(Effective July 1, 2022)
I. FEE FOR LODGING REQUESTS
1. Subject to paragraphs 2 and 3 below, the fee for lodging requests prescribed by the applicable Administrative and Financial Regulations is US$25,000. This non-refundable fee is payable to the Centre by a party: (a) requesting the institution of conciliation or arbitration proceedings under the ICSID Convention or the ICSID Additional Facility Rules; or (b) applying for annulment of an arbitral award rendered pursuant to the Convention.
2. A non-refundable fee of US$10,000 is payable to the Centre by any party: (a) requesting a supplementary decision to, or the rectification, interpretation or revision of, an arbitral award rendered pursuant to the Convention; (b) requesting a supplementary decision to, rectification or interpretation of, an arbitral award rendered pursuant to the ICSID Additional Facility Rules; or (c) requesting the resubmission of a dispute to a new Tribunal after the annulment of an arbitral award rendered pursuant to the Convention.
3. A non-refundable fee of US$1,000 is payable to the Centre by any party requesting the institution of proceedings under the ICSID Fact-Finding Rules or the ICSID Mediation Rules.
II. ADMINISTRATIVE CHARGES
4. An administrative charge of US$42,000 is levied by the Centre upon the registration of a request for arbitration, conciliation or post-award proceeding and annually thereafter. For cases registered before July 1, 2016, the annual administrative charge is levied by the Centre on the date of the constitution of the Arbitral Tribunal, Conciliation Commission, or ad hoc Committee concerned.
5. With respect to fact-finding and mediation proceedings, the Centre will levy a charge of US$200 per hour for staff services.
6. The charges applied to arbitration and conciliation under the ICSID Convention or ICSID Additional Facility Rules also apply to arbitration and conciliation proceedings under other rules that are administered by ICSID. The charges applied to mediation under the ICSID Mediation Rules will also apply to mediations administered by ICSID under other mediation rules.
7. Additional charges include: US$200 hourly when the Secretary of the Commission, Tribunal or Committee attends meetings; reimbursement of the travel and subsistence expenses of the Secretary when the meetings are held away from the seat of the Centre; and any charges by the host of the meetings.
III. PAYMENTS TO THE CENTRE
8. Administrative charges, direct expenses incurred in connection with the proceedings, and the fees and expenses of the Tribunal, Commission, ad hoc Committee, Fact-Finding Committee or mediators are met from advance payments that the parties are periodically requested to make to the Centre under the applicable Administrative and Financial Regulation.
9. The Centre will provide a statement of the case account to the parties with each request for payment and at any other time upon the request of a party.
10. Any party may ask to be given advance notice that the Centre will be requesting a supplementary payment in a proceeding. Such a request should be addressed to the Secretary-General and should be made as early as possible in the proceeding.
IV. APPOINTMENTS AND CHALLENGES IN PROCEEDINGS NOT CONDUCTED UNDER THE ICSID CONVENTION, ICSID ADDITIONAL FACILITY, ICSID FACT-FINDING OR ICSID MEDIATION RULES
11. A non-refundable fee of US$10,000 is payable to the Centre by a party requesting that the Secretary-General make an appointment in proceedings not conducted under the ICSID Convention, ICSID Additional Facility, ICSID Fact-Finding or ICSID Mediation Rules. This fee will be credited to the requesting party's share of the arbitration or conciliation administrative charge if ICSID subsequently is selected to administer the proceeding.
12. A non-refundable fee of US$10,000 is payable to the Centre by a party requesting that the Secretary-General decide a disqualification proposal in proceedings not conducted under the ICSID Convention or ICSID Additional Facility.
V. CHARGES FOR SPECIAL SERVICES
13. Under the applicable Administrative and Financial Regulation, a person asking the Centre to perform a special service must deposit an amount sufficient to cover the resulting charges in advance of their being provided. The charges for such services are determined on the basis of the cost to ICSID of providing the service. Such services consist of services additional to those provided by the Secretariat in the regular administration of cases, or are services rendered to non-parties. For example, special services could include digitalizing or copying case records in a closed case. Any questions regarding such charges should be addressed to ICSID at [email protected]
VI. FEES AND EXPENSES OF ARBITRATORS, CONCILIATORS, AD HOC COMMITTEE MEMBERS, FACT-FINDING COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND MEDIATORS
14. In addition to receiving reimbursement for any direct expenses reasonably incurred, arbitrators, conciliators, ad hoc Committee members, Fact-Finding Committee members and mediators are entitled to receive a fee for each hour of work performed in connection with the proceedings including each hour spent in hearings, sessions and meetings.
15. They are also entitled to receive a fee for each hour of travel to attend hearings, sessions and meetings, as well as per diem allowances and reimbursement of travel expenses within the limits set forth in the applicable Administrative and Financial Regulation and as described in ICSID’s Memorandum on Fees and Expenses.