Qualifications for the Panels
The designees of a Member State may be of any nationality.
In addition to the criteria in the ICSID Convention, the following attributes are highly desirable for designees:
- knowledge of and experience with international investment law;
- knowledge of and experience with public international law;
- experience and expertise in international arbitration or conciliation;
- ability to conduct an arbitration or conciliation and write an arbitral award or report in one or more of the Centre’s official languages (English, French and Spanish);
- availability to accept appointments in cases as of the date of designation;
- availability and willingness to travel for case proceedings.
The Centre encourages Member States to designate four qualified persons to each Panel.