The Annual Meeting of the Administrative Council shall take place in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“Bank”), unless the Council specifies otherwise.
(1) The Secretary-General shall give each member notice of the time and place of meetings of the Administrative Council by any rapid means of communication. This notice shall be dispatched not less than 42 days prior to the date set for such meeting, except that in urgent cases notice shall be sufficient if dispatched not less than 10 days prior to the date of the meeting.
(2) Any meeting of the Administrative Council at which no quorum is present may be adjourned by a majority of the members present and notice of the adjourned meeting need not be given.
(1) The Secretary-General shall prepare an agenda for each meeting of the Administrative Council under the direction of the Chairman of the Administrative Council (“Chair”) and shall transmit the agenda to each member with notice of the meeting.
(2) Additional subjects may be placed on the agenda by any member by giving notice thereof to the Secretary-General not less than 7 days prior to the date set for such meeting.
(3) In special circumstances the Chair, or the Secretary-General after consulting with the Chair, may at any time place additional subjects on the agenda for a meeting of the Administrative Council.
(4) The Secretary-General shall promptly give each member notice of additional subjects on the agenda.
(5) The Administrative Council may authorize any subject to be placed on the agenda at any time even though the notice required by this Regulation has not been given.
(1) The Chair shall be the Presiding Officer at meetings of the Administrative Council.
(2) The Chair shall designate a Vice President of the Bank to preside over all or any part of a meeting if the Chair is unable to preside.
(1) The Secretary-General shall serve as Secretary of the Administrative Council.
(2) Except as otherwise directed by the Administrative Council, the Secretary-General, in consultation with the Chair, shall make all arrangements for meetings of the Council and may coordinate with appropriate officers of the Bank for this purpose.
(3) The Secretary-General shall present the annual report on the operation of the Centre to each Annual Meeting of the Administrative Council for its approval pursuant to Article 6(1)(g) of the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States (“Convention”).
(4) The Secretary-General shall publish the annual report and a summary record of the proceedings of the Administrative Council.
(1) The Secretary-General and the Deputy Secretaries-General may attend all meetings of the Administrative Council.
(2) The Secretary-General, in consultation with the Chair, may invite observers to attend any meeting of the Administrative Council.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in the Convention, all decisions of the Administrative Council shall be taken by a majority of the votes cast. The Presiding Officer may ascertain the sense of the meeting in lieu of a formal vote but shall require a formal vote upon the request of any member. The written text of the motion shall be distributed to the members if a formal vote is required.
(2) No member of the Administrative Council may vote by proxy, but a member may designate a temporary alternate to vote at any meeting at which the regular alternate is not present.
(3) Between Annual Meetings, the Chair may call a special meeting or request that the Administrative Council vote by correspondence on a motion. The Secretary-General shall transmit the request for a vote by correspondence to each member with the text of the motion to be voted upon. Votes shall be cast within 45 days after such transmission, unless a longer period is approved by the Chair. Upon expiry of the established period, the Secretary-General shall record the results and notify all members of the outcome. The motion shall be considered lost if the replies received do not include those of a majority of the members.
(4) If all Contracting States are not represented at a meeting of the Administrative Council and the votes necessary to adopt a proposed decision by a majority of two-thirds of the members of the Council are not obtained, the Council, with the concurrence of the Chair, may decide that the votes of those members of the Council represented at the meeting shall be registered and the votes of the absent members shall be solicited in accordance with paragraph (3). Votes registered at the meeting may be changed by the member before the expiry of the voting period established pursuant to paragraph (3).