Facilities in Washington, D.C.
ICSID has a full-service hearing centre in Washington, D.C. with three large hearing rooms and six breakout and deliberation rooms.
Features of the hearing centre include:
- State-of-the-art video-conferencing, projection, interpretation, recording, sound, and webcasting equipment
- Large plasma-screen monitors and individual monitors for arbitrators
- Multi-language Live Stream for public hearings, as needed
- Dedicated professionals to manage all technical aspects of each hearing
- Sound-proof interpretation booths with multi-language capacity (up to 7 languages at a time)
- Photocopying, fax, and Wifi services
- Security for all premises, including guard patrol
Parties also have access to numerous hearing rooms at the headquarters of the World Bank Group in Washington, D.C., the largest of which is capable of comfortably seating more than 100 individuals.
ICSID arranges for all services required by the parties and has access to top tier court reporters, interpreters, and translators with vast experience in international dispute settlement. The Secretariat often handles complex hearings involving multiple languages and logistical challenges. It ensures that the arrangements are tailored to the needs of each particular hearing, after consultation with the parties and the Tribunal.
Room rentals are included in ICSID's administrative fee in cases administered by ICSID under the ICSID, UNCITRAL or other rules. ICSID hearing rooms may also be available upon request in non-ICSID cases. If the parties wish to hold hearings at other locations, ICSID has arrangements with institutions around the world to offer access to facilities at cost-effective rates.