ICSID Conciliation (Additional Facility) Rules
The ICSID Conciliation (Additional Facility) Rules (Additional Facility Conciliation Rules) apply to conciliations commenced under the ICSID Additional Facility. They address:
- the scope of application of these rules (Chapter I);
- institution of proceedings (Chapter II);
- the Commission, including constitution of conciliation commissions (Chapter III);
- place of proceedings (Chapter IV);
- working of the Commission (Chapter V);
- general procedural provisions (Chapter VI);
- conciliation procedures (Chapter VII);
- termination of the proceedings (Chapter VIII);
- costs (Chapter IX); and
- final provisions (Chapter X).
The original Additional Facility Arbitration Rules were published with non-binding explanatory comments: ICSID Additional Facility Rules (1978).
The Additional Facility Arbitration Rules have subsequently been amended twice. The first amendment was approved on September 29, 2002 and was effective on January 1, 2003 (ICSID Additional Facility Rules 2003).
The current rules were approved by written vote of the Administrative Council in early 2006 and came into effect on April 10, 2006: ICSID Additional Facility Rules (2006). They were adopted after a 2-year period of public consultation. This consultation included a discussion paper released on October 22, 2004 on Possible Improvements of the Framework for ICSID Arbitration and a working paper released on May 12, 2005 on Suggested Changes to the ICSID Rules and Regulations.