ICSID released its 2021 Annual Report today, featuring an in-depth look at the Centre's activities over the past fiscal year (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021). Features include:
- Messages from ICSID’s Secretary-General and the Chair of the Administrative Council
- An update on ICSID Membership
- A complete list of new designations and re-designations to the ICSID Panels of Arbitrators and of Conciliators
- A detailed report on ICSID’s caseload trends
- An overview of ICSID’s extensive outreach and training activities
- Statements on the Centre's revenue and expenses
Highlights from the 2021 fiscal year include:
- 332 cases were administered by ICSID in FY2021. This is the largest number of cases ever administered at ICSID in a single fiscal year.
- A record 70 new cases were registered and 55 cases concluded in the fiscal year.
- Individuals of 44 nationalities were represented among the appointments made to ICSID cases.
- The Republic of Ecuador signed the ICSID Convention June 21, 2021. By the end of FY2021, ICSID numbered 164 signatories to the ICSID Convention, of which 155 were Contracting States to the Convention.
- ICSID organized or participated in over 100 courses and conferences in virtual formats.