On May 1, 2020, the Secretariats of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) released a draft Code of Conduct for Adjudicators.
Developed jointly by the ICSID and UNCITRAL Secretariats, the Code of Conduct features principles and provisions addressing matters such as the independence, impartiality, integrity, fairness, efficiency and civility of decision-makers in ISDS cases. It is based on a comparative review of standards found in investment treaties, arbitration rules applicable to ISDS, and of international courts.
This webinar will offer a lively and interactive discussion on the Code. Bringing together a diverse and expert group of panelists, the event will shed light on the potential role and impact of the Code, as well as how it may evolve during the ICSID and UNCITRAL consultation process.
- Chiara Giorgetti, Professor of Law, Richmond School of Law
- Claudia Frutos-Peterson, Partner, Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Mairée Uran Bidegain, Coordinator, Government of Chile’s Defense Program in Foreign Investment Arbitrations
- Karel Daele, Partner, Mischon De Reya, LLP
- Anna Toubiana, Legal Counsel, ICSID