ICSID, together with the International Mediation Institute (IMI), the Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI), the Energy Charter Secretariat (ECS), the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) and UNCITRAL are organizing an expert roundtable on investment mediation. The panel will feature:
1. Anna Joubin-Bret (UNCITRAL Secretary): The UNCITRAL framework on mediation and reforms underway
2. Mark Appel (International Arbitrator/Mediator): Status of the IMI Investor-State Mediator Competency Criteria
3. Alejandro Carballo Leyda (ECS): ECS efforts to facilitate investment mediation
4. Frauke Nitschke (ICSID): The new ICSID mediation rules
5. James South (CEDR): The current trend in IS mediation awareness and mediator training
6. Malik Dahlan (Institution Quarysh for Law & Policy): The use of IS mediation in Belt and Road
The discussion will be moderated by Wolf von Kumberg.