The investment chapter of the proposed Transatlantic Trade Investment Partnership (TTIP) has moved investment arbitration into the focus of public interest. Does the on-going public debate do justice to investment arbitration that has developed and grown over many decades? The following speakers will provide inputs and insight:
- "Spot on - investment arbitration in the media" - Hans-Hermann Klare, head of foreign desk at German magazine "Der Stern"
- "Investment arbitration - Who uses it? Who needs it?" - Prof. Dr. Mathias Wolkewitz, General Counsel Wintershall Holding GmbH
- "Investor-state dispute settlement in EU investment agreements - Pulling the chain tighter?" - Prof. Dr. Steffen Hindelang, LL.M., Freie Universität Berlin
- "Investment arbitration - institutional insights - facts, practice and perceptions" - Meg Kinnear, Secretary-General, ICSID
- "Investment arbitration - the position of the German industry" - Dr. Christoph Sprich, Senior Manager International Trade and Development, BDI
- "Investment arbitration - only for the benefit of investors?" Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Bender, long-time CEO of Fraport AG
Prof. Dr. Christoph Benedict of Alstom Deutschland AG will guide through the programme. The event will be held in English.
Time: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm, followed by a reception
For further information, please contact the ICSID Secretariat by email at [email protected]