The Secretariat of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) will be offering its one-day primer course on practice and procedure in ICSID Convention arbitration.
Meg Kinnear, Secretary-General, ICSID
Aurélia Antonietti, Legal Counsel/Team Leader, ICSID
Milanka Kostadinova, Legal Counsel/Team Leader, ICSID
When: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Where: Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, 38th Floor Two Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Hong Kong; Tel.: (852) 2525-2181; Fax: (852) 2524-2171.
Who should attend: This primer is intended for government officials, arbitrators, legal practitioners, in-house counsel, and those in academia who wish to know more about arbitration under the ICSID Convention.
About ICSID 101:
ICSID 101 is a comprehensive seminar offered by the ICSID Secretariat on the arbitration process under the ICSID Convention. The Secretary-General of ICSID, accompanied by two senior lawyers from the Secretariat, will guide participants through the workings of the ICSID system of arbitration and provide details about the process involved at each stage of an ICSID arbitration. Topics to be covered include:
- Introduction to ICSID and pre-arbitration considerations
- ICSID jurisdiction and bringing a request for arbitration
- Selection of arbitrators and constitution of the tribunal
- Preliminary objections, bifurcation, written and oral proceedings, and provisional measures
- Transparency of the proceedings and third party participation
- Cost of an ICSID arbitration
- Award and discontinuance of the proceeding
- Post-award remedies in the ICSID system
This one-day primer offers a unique chance to learn more about ICSID through discussions directly with the Secretary-General and staff of the Secretariat.
Price: HK$800 (includes refreshments and lunch).
Information and Registration:
Deadline for Registration: October 6, 2012
Please note that spaces are limited and registration is on a first-come-first-served basis.
This event is part of the Hong Kong Arbitration Week, October 15-18, 2012.