The 8th annual East Africa International Arbitration Conference (EAIAC) will take place virtually on August 27-28, 2020, preceded by a Virtual Career Day for Young and Aspiring Arbitrators on August 26, 2020.
This year’s EAIAC theme is ‘Disruption and Innovation in International Arbitration in Africa', and topics for discussion will include:
- Africa-China investments and trade post Covid-19;
- The AfCFTA, the WTO and the future of trade dispute settlement;
- The climate agenda and trends in disputes;
- Dispute areas in Islamic investment and Islamic finance;
- Trends in African BITs and investment arbitration;
- Fraud and corruption in arbitration;
- Technology and digitization in arbitration and virtual hearings; and
- Adapting commercial arbitration rules to emerging trends.
Leah W. Njoroge, ICSID Legal Counsel, is participating in the conference's Virtual Career Day on August 26, 2020.