ICSID is pleased to cosponsor the 12th annual Fordham International Arbitration Conference. Many of the sessions are of particular interest to those engaged in investor state arbitration, including, among other sessions of interest, a keynote address by the Hon. Charles Brower on the investment court, third-party funding with Catherine Rogers and Rusty Park the co-chairs of the recently issued Queen Mary report and Chris Bogart of Burford, and Ina Popova on issue conflict in investor state arbitration.
The full Fordham program and registration is available at law.fordham.edu/arbitration Those affiliated with any of the many cosponsors can register at the reduced price of $60. Please pass this on to others who may be interested.
* ArbitralWomen Breakfast: The Impact of Gender in International Arbitration Advocacy – Does it Make a Difference?
* Emerging Expectations for Arbitrators? Duties, Accountability and Transparency
* A Mock Arbitration for Your Case: Optimizing Your Strategies and Maximizing Success
* Keynote - Hon. Charles N. Brower: From The Two-Headed Nightingale To The 15-Headed Hydra: The Many Follies of the Proposed International Investment Court
* Third-Party Funding: What Are the Latest Issues for Arbitration?
* Determining Value in Arbitration: The Special Role of the Expert
* Arbitrator Remedies: What Should the Tribunal Order and Why?
Stellar International Speakers Lineup: Philip Anthony, DecisionQuest; Doak Bishop, King & Spalding LLP; Christopher P. Bogart, Burford Capital; Lorraine Brennan, Independent arbitrator; Hon. Charles N. Brower: Keynote Speaker; Andrea Carlevaris, Bonelli Erede; Marinn Carlson, Sidley Austin LLP; Franco Ferrari, New York University School of Law; Susan Franck, American University Washington College of Law; Clayton P. Gillette, New York University School of Law; Teresa Giovannini, Lalive; Mark Kantor, Independent arbitrator; Hon. Claire R. Kelly, Judge, U.S. Court of International Trade; Louis B. Kimmelman, Sidley Austin LLP – Conference Co-Chair; James Lawrence, University of Houston; Dana MacGrath, Sidley Austin LLP; M. Alexis Maniatis, The Brattle Group; Michael McIlwarth, GE Florence; Boaz Moselle, Cornerstone Research; William W. Park, Boston University School of Law; Mireze Philippe, International Court of Arbitration | International Chamber of Commerce; Nikolaus Pitkowitz, Graf & Pitkowitz; Ina C. Popova, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP; Jonathan D. Putnam, Competition Dynamics, Inc.; Catherine A. Rogers, Penn State University Law School; Claudia Salomon, Latham & Watkins LLP; Pablo T. Spiller, Compass Lexecon; Maya Steinitz, University of Iowa Law School; Edna Sussman, Independent arbitrator - Conference Co-Chair; John M. Townsend, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP; Dr. Mohamed Abdel Wahab, Cairo University and Zulficar & Partners Law Firm; Anne Marie Whitesell, Georgetown Law Center; Eduardo Zuleta, Zuleta Abogados Asociados S.A.S