(Effective July 1, 2017)
Fee for Lodging Requests
1. Subject to paragraph 2 below, the fee prescribed pursuant to Administrative and Financial Regulation 16 is US$25,000. This non-refundable fee is payable to the Centre by a party: (a) requesting the institution of conciliation or arbitration proceedings under the Convention or the Additional Facility Rules; (b) applying for annulment of an arbitral award rendered pursuant to the Convention; or (c) requesting the institution of fact-finding proceedings under the Additional Facility Rules.
2. A non-refundable fee of US$10,000 is payable to the Centre by any party: (a) requesting a supplementary decision to, or the rectification, interpretation or revision of, an arbitral award rendered pursuant to the Convention; (b) requesting a supplementary decision to, or the correction or interpretation of, an arbitral award rendered pursuant to the Additional Facility Rules; or (c) requesting the resubmission of a dispute to a new Tribunal after the annulment of an arbitral award rendered pursuant to the Convention.
Fees and Expenses of Conciliators, Arbitrators, Commissioners and ad hoc Committee Members
3. In addition to receiving reimbursement for any direct expenses reasonably incurred, conciliators, arbitrators, commissioners and ad hoc Committee members are entitled to receive a fee of US$3,000 per day of meetings or other work performed in connection with the proceedings, as well as subsistence allowances and reimbursement of travel expenses within limits set forth in Administrative and Financial Regulation 14. Any request for a higher amount shall be made through the Secretary-General.
Appointment and Challenge of Arbitrators in Proceedings Not Conducted under the Convention or Additional Facility Rules
4. A non-refundable fee of US$10,000 is payable to the Centre by a party requesting that the Secretary-General appoint an arbitrator, or decide the challenge to an arbitrator, in proceedings not conducted under the Convention or Additional Facility Rules.
5. An administrative charge of US$42,000 is levied by the Centre upon the registration of a request for arbitration, conciliation or post award proceeding, and annually thereafter. For cases registered before July 1, 2016, the annual administrative charge is levied by the Centre on the date of the constitution of the Conciliation Commission, Arbitral Tribunal, Fact-Finding Committee or ad hoc Committee concerned. The same annual charge applies to proceedings administered by the Centre under rules other than the ICSID Convention or Additional Facility Rules.
6. The administrative charge, the direct expenses incurred in connection with the proceedings, and the fees and expenses of the Commission, Tribunal or Committee, are met from advance payments that the parties are periodically requested to make to the Centre under Administrative and Financial Regulation 14.
Charges for Special Services
7. Under Administrative and Financial Regulation 15, a party asking the Centre to perform a special service must deposit in advance an amount sufficient to cover the resulting charges. The charges for such services are determined on the basis of rates established by the World Bank under its normal administrative procedures.