ICSID facilities at the headquarters of the World Bank Group in Washington, D.C. can accommodate proceedings of any size and technical complexity.
Parties have access to numerous hearing rooms, the largest capable of comfortably seating more than 100 individuals, and a wide variety of preparation rooms. There is no additional charge for these rooms as they are included in the administrative fee in ICSID cases and UNICITRAL and other non-ICSID cases administered by ICSID.
The on-site services and equipment include:
- State-of-the-art video-conferencing, projection, interpretation, recording, sound, and webcasting equipment
- Large plasma-screen monitors and individual monitors for arbitrators
- Multi-language Live Stream for public hearings, as needed
- Dedicated professionals to manage all technical aspects of each hearing
- Sound-proof interpretation booths with multi-language capacity (up to 7 languages at a time)
- Photocopying, fax, and Wifi services
- Security for all premises, including guard patrol
- On-site catering, coffee shops, and private dining rooms
ICSID arranges for all services required by the parties and has access to top tier court reporters, interpreters, and translators with vast experience in international dispute settlement.